PREGNANCY & POSTPARTUM
A woman’s reproductive years can be filled with life changing events, both joyful and painful. Sometimes the emotional toll of these events can become overwhelming, particularly when distressing thoughts and feelings develop and persist. Rest assured that you are not alone in these reactions. Any woman can experience unexpected and upsetting emotional changes during pregnancy or after the birth of a child. However, when these reactions don't go away, become disturbing, or interfere with your daily life, a more serious clinical condition may be present.
If you are concerned about mood or behavior changes during pregnancy, postpartum, or following a loss, therapy can help. I will work with you to create a plan that targets your specific symptoms, reduces stress, builds coping skills, restores self-esteem and hope, and improves overall well-being so that you can move forward in this season of your life. Know that your symptoms are treatable and that you deserve to feel better. Reach out for help today.
i can help you with:
- Preconception Counseling and Education
- Prenatal or Postpartum Depression, Anxiety, and OCD
- Recovery from Postpartum Psychosis
- Grieving and Processing Losses - Pregnancy or Infant Loss, or Elective Pregnancy Termination
- Healing from Traumatic Childbirth
- Coping with a NICU Stay
- Adjustment to Motherhood
- Infant Attachment Concerns
- Identity, Role, and Relationship Changes or Conflicts
- Building Self-Esteem and Enhancing Social Support
- Lactation Education